1. VETERINARY SERVICES We make every effort to ensure your pet's grooming experience is pleasant and peaceful; however, if your pet becomes ill or is hurt and the services of a veterinarian are required, you hereby give us permission to obtain treatment if you are not available to consent; and you further agree to pay any and all veterinary expenses.
2. SAFETY Safety comes first for everyone during the grooming process – people as well as pets. You must inform us prior to grooming if your pet has bitten someone or has aggressive tendencies. You will be held liable for any bites, property damage and any consequential damages caused by your pet. We will stop the grooming process if we feel your pet’s behavior is compromising his/her safety or our safety. Pro-rated charges will apply.
3. SENIOR PETS, OVERWEIGHT PETS and PETS with HEALTH PROBLEMS Grooming procedures can sometimes be stressful, especially for a senior pet, an overweight pet or a pet with health problems, and these procedures may expose hidden medical conditions or they may aggravate existing ones, during or after grooming. Because senior pets, overweight pets and pets with health problems have a greater chance of injury, these pets will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort, in styles that will not greatly add to their stress level. You will not hold Royal Paws Mobile Dog Grooming. responsible for accident or injury to your elderly, overweight or health-compromised pet during his/her grooming.
4. MAT REMOVAL Removing a heavily matted coat includes the risk of nicks, cuts and/or abrasions due to moles, warts or skin folds trapped in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the pet’s skin which can cause mold, fungus or bacteria skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. The after-effects of mat removal procedures may include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions, or failure of hair to re-grow. Shaved pets are also prone to sunburn and should either have sun screen applied daily or should be kept out of the sun until the hair grows sufficiently to protect the skin. In some cases, pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes. As the owner, you are responsible for the condition of your pet’s coat and will not hold Royal Paws Mobile Dog Grooming. responsible in the event of adverse effects of mat removal.
5. SUMMER SHAVE-DOWNS Shaving a heavily coated dog during the summer is NOT recommended. In both hot and cold weather, a dog’s coat regulates body heat, provides insulation and protects from the sun. Coats that are shaved off, particularly on Arctic breeds, may grow back patchy, uneven or not at all.
6. CANCELLATIONS On rare occasions, Royal Paws Mobile Dog Grooming may need to cancel appointments due to weather, road conditions, equipment failure etc. Every effort will be made to contact you in advance. Our appointment schedule is very tightly booked for specific areas. If you cannot keep your appointment, we require at least 24 hour advance notice, so that we may fill your spot. Failure to cancel in advance will result in a charge of $25. that must be paid prior to your next appointment.
7. RETURN CHECK POLICY All grooming fees must be paid at the time services are rendered. Checks returned due to insufficient funds will be subject to a “returned check fee” of $25.